Contentment is a Choice


Confession:  I have not been truly content in a long time.

It hit me this weekend. It's not like I didn't know; I just haven't been willing to admit it.

My discontent has nothing to do with wealth or material possessions....it has more to do with proximity, and I could blog for an hour explaining why.

In searching my soul this weekend, I have re-discovered that contentment is a state of heart;  unaffected by circumstances & surroundings.  I have little-to-no control over things, but I do have control over my heart and my attitude.

My challenge to you:   Instead of longing for the indefinable 'something better' or 'somewhere better'....  Consider who you are and be satisfied with that.  Consider what you have and be satisfied with that.  Consider where you are and be satisfied with that.

If contentment can't be found within yourself, you'll never find it.


0 comments:

Followers

Pages

the blogger