If I knew then...


I'm not one to dwell on the past, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that sometimes I wonder where I would be and what my life would be like if I had chosen different paths.  

I was thinking today:  How many times have I made significant decisions based on the outcome I desired?  And, how often did it really work out the way I thought it would?  

When I look back at my life, I don't always see rhythm, orderliness, or beauty.  And, I definitely do not see perfection.   Knowing which choice to make and which direction to take has not always been crystal clear to me.  So, how in the world am I supposed to discern what God wants me to do?  

The answer is simple.  God first;  then Me.  If I am making decisions based primarily on what makes Me happy, then my priorities are twisted and I will stumble at every turn.    Matthew 10:39 says (paraphrased in The Message) "If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself.  But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.

I haven't always made the right decisions....but, I am grateful from whence I came.  Would I change some of my choices if given the opportunity?  Absolutely, but I don't regret the lessons I have learned and the challenges I have overcome because they have all been used to shape and mold me into Me

I know God has big plans for Me.  I am, no doubt, a work in progress. But to Him, I am His work of art;  His poem;  His masterpiece.   And that gives me Hope.

1 comments:

I love your transparency.. Your heart is so humble and I know that God will direct your steps. Love you!


Followers

Pages

the blogger